[bct] Re: Hybrid car silence, a fly in the ointment

  • From: "Paula Waby" <paulawaby@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 16:39:44 +1200

Hi Everyone

I'm glad the old list seems to be working again. I did join one of the new ones as well which has just been closed so I hope this one continues to behave.

Talking about being hit by cars, over New Year there were seven blind people in our group and five had been hit. So as has been said, I suspect there's a lot more accidents we don't know about particularly if they are not major. In my case for instance my dog had stopped and the person continued to swing around backing out of a park until he hit us. It happened quickly but seemed like it was in slow motion to me. I fell on Tosca who luckily for me never associated the fall with the car and continued to work happily until she was ten. I got up, told the guy I was OK and got off the road as quick as I could. He took off never to be seen again which was lucky for him since he was doing something illegal and then it kind of sunk in to me what had happened. I was pretty shaken and injured my left arm and hip but it could have been much worse.