[bct] Re: Hybrid car silence, a fly in the ointment

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 May 2006 11:41:37 -0500

Larry, I agree with what you say, and because many of these signaling
devices are not a constant tone, but instead, a pulsing one, you can
hear the traffic between the beeps of the warning device.  It's places
that don't have them or places that just have stop signs and no lights
and places in more outlying areas that I worry about.  True, in outlying
areas, it may be quiet enough to hear the car, unless, of course, the
person in the yard behind you is mowing their lawn.  Perhaps this is a
call for getting more walk and don't walk signs equipped with devices
that would allow people to hear them.  But I don't know what to do about
the other examples.

Neal