[bct] Re: How I listen to BCT

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 12:45:50 -0500

Phil and list.  You can also jump by sentences with the up and down
arrow.  This assumes a certain pause between sentences and if there is a
lot of background noise in the file it may not work, but it is a handy
way to navigate.  Of course, it will go to the next pause in the speech
and if there is a lot of noise or people don't leave a pause between
some sentences, you could be taken quite a ways in the file and you
don't have any idea, other than looking at the time elapsed at the
bottom of the screen, how far you have gone.  You can also set how much
noise will be taken into consideration when separating sentences,
although some of Larry's walks to work would not work here because there
is probably more noise than Studio Recorder is able to handle.  I know,
he's just a noisy guy.  Speaking of noise, I don't think I have heard
Jake bark once.  Of course, he isn't supposed to on the job.  OK Larry,
here is the chance to get Jake involved in podcasting.  You should let
him do part of a podcast introduction you use.  Just a thought.  Jake
paid me to say that, but I think I'll save the bone for later..