[bct] How I listen to BCT

  • From: "Phil Vlasak" <phil@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 13:36:42 -0400

Hi Folks,
Because of the large number of BCT podcasts I have developed a system for listening to them quicker.
I installed the latest beta of Studio Recorder and use that to listen to the mp3 files.
I use Juice to download them to my,
h:\podcasts\Blind Cool Tech\
folder but instead of hitting enter on a file I use the context menu key between the right alt and control keys or shift f10.
Then I arrow down to open with Studio Recorder and hit enter.
I shift tab over to Studio Recorder then when I hit the space bar, the podcast starts up instantly.
I then use the f8 key to speed it up a bit and the f3 key to compress the file without changing the pitch.
If I want to slow it down a bit I use shift f3 or shift f8.
I skip forward a little by hitting right arrow and skip forward a larger amount by hitting alt right arrow.
And skip backwards by using left arrow or alt left arrow.
It's quick and easy so I hope you try it.