[bct] Hot apple float

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 20:19:43 -0500

Since we are talking of hot drinks, and since it snowed 10 inches today in Northern Massastupids, No, that's not a typo, here is a wonderfully satisfying hot drink.

Make some mulled cider, hot and spicy. Fill a very large mug to 2/3 full with it. Put in a scoop of very high quality vanilla bean ice cream and top with a big, fat sugar cookie. You have the apple and cookie to simulate a pie and crust and the vanilla ice cream because whoever heard of apple pie without ice cream.

Now, for the adventuresome in tasteland, try this with mulled wine instead of cider, use dark, rich chocolate ice cream instead of vanilla and a nice biscotti instead of the sugar cookie. Yup, believe it or not, chocolate and red wine go together.

Y'know, if we all got together, we could make one hell of an interesting podcast, especially with stereo microphones and Kai doing sound effects. Of course, after a few liters of the mulled wine, we would all be doing sound effects, excepting for Mary who would keep us on the straight and curly path. [grin]