[bct] Hope's e-mail and podcast

  • From: <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "bct" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 07:03:18 -0800

Hope, your e-mail has been coming to the list, or at least, to me; but your
podcast got cut off when you mentioned people you wanted to thank for their
help. I don't know why it got cut off unless you ended the upload at a certain
point; maybe that's when the network went down.

Quite often, e-mail problems are not caused by your local machine but they are
caused by the internet service provider's services not being up and running as
reliably as it should be. So don't try to fix your e-mail if you don't know
what you're doing. You might mess something up on your end, which would mean
that when the ISP (service provider) fixes their end, your end might be
defective and you would have to fix that yourself. If your end isn't broken,
don't fix it. Just try a few hours later and see if things are working again.

I don't know how many times I have told people not to fix something if it isn't
broken; in system support, it's something that gets said, over and over and
over.

Mary