[bct] Re: Holistic health-- auras - western medicine.

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 19:17:00 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mary,

Indeed, human waste has long been used as fertilizer in the China, VietNam and
other areas of Asia - and it also seems to be used in Washington, D.C.  (smile
- just kidding about D.C. - it was just too convenient an opening for a fun
poke at the politicians.)

Having grown up on a farm I know that it is great to graze your horses and
cattle in the stubble of a field.  While the urine is pretty acid (especially
horse urine) the manure is quite enriching for fields.  Also, burning stubble
(not considered appropriate these days because of air pollution) helps turn the
inedible remainders into ash and that helps to enrich the soil as well.  Crop
rotation and co-mingling of crops is also helpful.

In various low lying areas in Asia they grow rice and fish or shrimp in the
same water.  Fish feces is great fertilizer too and when I used to have a fish
tank I would save all the dirty water and use it to water the house plants or
in the garden.  When I was a child on the farm we used to plant a minnow with
each three corn seeds (at least one of them would sprout) and its decaying body
seemed to help the plant grow.  That would indicate that plants enjoy a good
protein based meal too.  Hmmm, well, there are carnivorous plants like the
Venus Flytrap, so maybe flesh eating corn isn't that big a stretch - a bit
scary, perhaps - human eats plant, plant eats human.

The problem with human waste tends to come from an accumulation that leeches
into the ground water and is consumed in drinking water.  It is in areas of
Alaska where there are wintertime middens that contaminate drinking water where
we find high rates of hepititus.  Because the people are no longer nomadic they
no longer move away from the area where they have their waste and that is what
causes such a problem.  There is a huge project up there to create sewage
disposal in even fairly small villages.

When the world was big and we were just a few people it was not a big problem.
We had to follow the game around anyway so we were on the move a lot and the
waste was long gone by the time we got back.  Now we don't go much of anywhere
and we have major problems with what to do with all of it.  And we don't like
nature's disposals - maggots - which used to clean up fecal material that still
had nutrients in it they could use.  I used to be fascinated with the way
maggots moved in and cleaned up - and now they use them to clean away necrotic
tissues in humans that are not responding to standard treatment because they
don't eat good tissue.  Still, I wonder what it would feel like - ooooh, itchy,
I bet.

Now, probably having turned everyone's stomach with that thought (I admit to
not feeling queasy about much) I will close for now.