[bct] Re: Holistic health-- auras - western medicine.

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Feb 2006 19:01:04 -0800 (PST)

Hi Mary,

True homeopathic remedies should not be used for a tonic effect.  Dan studied
homeopathy and is a lay homeopath (they are not licensed in most states).  We
have all sorts of books on how to take a case and what to prescribe for what
symptom and he is good enough to be able to get remedies from a homeopathic
pharmacy that the general public cannot get.

There is also an issue of what strength remedy to take and that is generally
determined by a homeopath except for remedies used for first aid - like
cantheris for burns.  When my daughter and her boyfriend were walking on beach
on a very hot day and got large blisters on the bottoms of their feet Dan dosed
them with cantheris and within a few hours the blisters were no longer filled
with fluid - and they had not popped.  He responded better than she did, but
she also responded.  Now, this is not to say that you don't use burn creams or
see a doctor for severe burns, because serious burns compromise the skin and
you can get bad infections, however, for the vast majority of people the
appropriate dose of cantheris will help.

There are books on first aid use of homeopathics and those can be administered
by just about anyone, but what are called constiutional remedies should be done
by someone who has studied homeopathy and learned how to take a case and
correlate factors - which, to me, didn't seem to make much sense.  For
instance, if you feel better at night or in the morning, respond better to cool
weather or warm weather, etc.  I think that it has a lot to do with the same
sort of assessment an acupuncturist would make in terms of hot/cold and

I have necessarily learned a lot from reading to Dan, but I don't at all
consider myself a lay homeopath.

He and I also have a shared similarity in that it is rare for remedies to work
well for either of us, although some do.  Lots of homeopaths and people who
handle remedies seem to have that problem, as if we are almost innoculated by
touching them.

Much of what is on the market and called homeopathic is really herbal and is