[bct] Re: Holistic health

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2006 18:10:18 -0800 (PST)

Yeah, I can understand the divergence in taste.  (smile)  We get used to what
we get used to.  Sorta like Dan liking macaroni and cheese with peanut butter
and me liking tuna casserole - one of the few noodle dishes I miss.

Massachusetts water is ghastly compared to what I had in Alaska, which was
glacier fed - except in Fairbanks, where you can't drink it unless it is
filtered because it is so salty and brakish.   I tried to drink water out on
Chena Ridge once and it was like drinking sea water - only worse.  We buy
filtered (but not distilled) water here.

Well, H20 is the chemical formula for water, but distilled water is "dead"
water in that it takes the stuff that makes water taste good out of it.   I
like water that has a certain amount of mineral content to it and the right
natural mineral content makes the water almost slick. I realized a long time
ago that addition to being made mostly of water we need minerals for survival.
Hence the need for salt licks, etc.  When I was a kid on the farm we had to
provide artificial salt licks for our animals in the form of various types of
salt blocks because domesticated critters can't run around and find what they
need where we keep 'em and sometimes the vet would tell us that we had to
provide more than one because of mineral needs.  I guess that's when I figured
out the mineral thing - although you can get too much of a good thing too.

Humans have never gotten pure H20 until we learned distillation because each
rain drop has a tiny particle of dust at it's center around which it forms.
Still, there sure is a lot of stuff being pumped into the water system now and
has been for a few hundred years due to the population of the world increasing
and the pollution that began with wood and peat fires and continues today with
petrochemicals.

Mass makes me uncomfortable - the whole East coast does - because of the levels
of pollution back here, but I'm pretty stuck here for now.

Slithy