[bct] Re: Holiday Questions

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 19:18:16 -0800

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate with mint in it!
2.Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the
tree? He doesn't do either, they get opened when I take them out of the fridge;
my sister sends me food and so does everyone else.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? neither, I don't do lights.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No, we just never did that.
5. When do you put your decorations up? I don't decorate much, just put my
little tree up when I get to it.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? candied yams
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? When I was about ten years old, my
parents bought me a bunch of games and my own braille watch from the AFB
catalog.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? When I was about 6 or 7 I
just knew he wasn't real but I went along with it till I was about 11.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We always opened our gifts on Christmas
Eve.
10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out? None, we never did that.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? We never had any where we lived.
12. Can you ice skate? No, no snow, and my balance is so bad I can't even
roller skate.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I already mentioned it, plus every
Christmas Grandpa bought each of us a two-pound box of Cee's candy; everyone
had their own box. Mine was gone in a few days!
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? The religious
aspects. This was never celebrated by my family but it's become vital to me in
the past few decades.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? pumpkin bread or anything chocolate
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Christmas movies, music, baking,
and keeping in touch with family who are scattered in different states.
17. What tops your tree? a star; it's just a little pre-decorated tree.
18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?  Giving - I have lots of fun
picking out food gifts.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? O Come O Come Emanuel and I Wonder
as I Wander.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?  yum and lots of them!
21. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story, it's so funny!