[bct] Re: Holiday Questions

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 14:04:16 -0600

Maria these kinds of surveys are a lot of fun.  Thanks for sharing your
answers with me.  I enjoyed listening to you and Lynnette decorate your

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate

2.  Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the

tree? He used to sit them under the tree

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White

4. Do you hang mistletoe?   No

5. When do you put your decorations up?  When we decorate it is usually in
early December.  This year we will be in Florida and are planning the sale
of our condo and a move to Florida so we did not decorate.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert )?  I love
honey-baked ham.  I used to love my grandmother's homemade yeast rolls but
she is no longer with us.

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child?  One year my mom made huge stockings
that were about as large as we were and they were full of lots of goodies
and fun things.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?  I don't remember an
illuminating moment of revelation.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?  We always open our gifts on

10. What kind of cookies does Santa get set out?  Chocolate chip

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?  Love it, but perhaps that is because I have
not experienced much of it.  My husband is like a kid about snow and I enjoy
his enjoyment of it so I always wish for it.

12. Can you ice skate?  Let's put it this way, I have ice skated before.
The last time I tried it was on our honeymoon in 1982 in West Virginia.
They had an outdoor ice skating rink and very few hotel guests in January so
my husband and I had the rink to ourselves.  That was fabulous, if cold,

13. Do you remember your favorite gift?  I have no real favorite gift.  If I
chose one it would probably be my engagement ring.

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?  Spending
time with family and friends.

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?  The peanut brittle and divinity
my grandmother used to make.  I love all kinds of cookies too, especially
the thumbprint cookies my mom makes.

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?  The year after my dad died I
started the tradition of Tacky Santa.  The first year I did it I put little
gag gifts in paper lunch bags and got someone at work to handwrite the name
tags so no one could recognize another person's handwriting.  I even gave
one to myself.  No one knew who Tacky Santa was and that was so much fun
that it became a tradition for some time.  I did confess that I was Tacky
Santa but no one guessed.  I have retired the tradition now that my nephew,
who dearly loved the Tacky Santa tradition, is no longer with us.  It just
wouldn't be the same without Chris.

17. What tops your tree?  A lighted star

18. Which do you prefer Giving or Receiving?  Giving

19. What is your favorite Christmas Carol? What Child Is This

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum?   Yum

21. Favorite Christmas Movie?  A Christmas Carol starring George C. Scott
and The House Without a Christmas Tree.  Also, Christmas Vacation is tacky
but funny.