[bct] Hi, new member from Sweden here

  • From: Krister Ekstrom <krister@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BlindCoolTech <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 20:35:15 +0100

Hi to this wonderful list!
My name is Krister Ekstrom and i live in Malmo in the southern parts of Sweden. I sorta stumbled across the podcast yesterday in my search for good digital high-end recorders. Thanks to BCT i have almost desided what i should go for now. I very much like to work with sound and have once been a sound engineer on a local community radio station, but that was way back in the days of the analog tapes. I must say i'm fascinated by all the new ways of recording and editing sound. I noticed quite a few of the folks here use binaural mikes while doing their podcasts, well, at times i do too.
I use a couple of german mikes called OKM. They are in-ear mikes which means you can't monitor the sound that you record, because then you'll hear nothing but screaming feedback.:) Does anyone use binaural mikes in combination with head phones?
I'm also a musisian of sorts. I play many instruments more or less good.:-)
Well, i think that's enough about me. Oh btw i'm totally blind.
--
/Krister