[bct] Re: Hey, here's a cool site!

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 15:15:35 -0500

Hey Maria,

Well, I reckon I have to write it first. But i'm here to tell ya--the trip to Ukraine was a real eye-opener. It really gives you perspective. For one thing, we spent a lot of time literally locked in the apartment we were staying in, the only time we left being the trips by taxi to the orphanage to visit Alena. The attitude towards disability is a lot different, and people generally think we shouldn't do much more than stay home anyway. That said, most people we *did* run into were very friendly and helpful, and they seemed to take our being out among them in stride, even though it was certainly something outside of what they considered normal. This probably says something about human nature and society, but I'm not quite sure what that is yet. Anyway, it'll be interesting to write it and put it together. Maybe I'll be able to splice in a couple of recordings from the crappy portable tape recorder into the podcast. *LOL*
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV | Work from home the Watkins way!
Email: buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx | Your phone and computer can really pay!