[bct] Re: Hey Larry and Rob, what about developing arecorder?

  • From: The Scarlet Wombat <coconut@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2006 12:12:45 -0500

Kai, believe it or not, I have trouble with the very quiet drive in my Sound Devices 722. The spinning is not the issue, the read and write operations cause a tiny bit of noise that sounds like static. I must put the recorder in a desk drawer to isolate the noise from my microphone, or use the CF card. I prefer to use the card as it leaves me access to the controls. If I need the disk for long recordings, I just use the drawer or make sure the mike is as far from the recorder as I can get itl. I suppose a less sensitive mike would perhaps not hear the little sounds, but the Neuman is very sensitive. Why, I cranked up the gain the other day and then boosted the resulting recording by 300 db in Sound Forge and could hearCongressmen planning to cheat their constituents clear in Washington, D.C.

Dan