[bct] Re: Hershey's

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 14:28:38 -0500

In a chocolate tasting testing I attended a few months ago, given by a
chocolate scientist here at the University of Wisconsin, we tasted
chocolate of a wide variety of percentages of Coco and Coco butter, from
all over the world.  What we found is that Hershey's came in dead last
when we rated them.  One of the reasons is it's texture.  If you place
some on your tongue and rub it against the roof of of your mouth, it is
more grainy than other chocolate.  Many people commented on this and I
also found it true.  It's melting point is higher than many chocolates,
so it does not melt as quickly in one's mouth, and thus the grainy
texture.  I'm not knocking anyone's love of this particular chocolate,
but this is what we found.

Neal