[bct] Re: Help with Adobe

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:20:13 -0800

Bill,

I agree with you about Adobe. I've had to deal with lots of Adobe documents
over the years; quite often, it's the easiest way for employers to get their
various information packages out to thousands of people. If it hadn't been for
Adobe, I would not have been able to fill in W-4 forms, read about benefits
changes, learnd about retirement requirements, or get security policy updates
or meeting documents, although a lot of those were done with powerpoint. There
are, of course, the PDF files that are just plain locked up; and that can be a
real nuisance. There is supposed to be software for the blind that will allow
these locked files to be converted to text, but I never got it to work very
well.

Mary Emerson
E-mail: maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Skype name: mkemerson