[bct] Re: Help with Adobe

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 12:36:40 -0600

Bill, I agree with your comments.  I think Adobe, JAWS, and Window-Eyes
have made great strides in the last couple years.  I can read forms,
navigate tables, deal with two column documents, go to headers etc.  Of
course, as you said, this is only if the document is prepared correctly
in the first place.  In the case where the document is not tagged
correctly, you can often have Adobe re-tag it if you are using the
non-reader versions.  Of course, it is guessing, but I find that Adobe
guesses about how to correctly render a PDF file is much better than any
third party program I can think of.  In addition, if the permissions are
set correctly and you are using either the standard or the professional
version, you can save the file to text, html, Word files, etc.

Neal