[bct] Re: Hello everyone

  • From: "Maria" <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 23:13:47 -0500

Hello Hope,

My goodness; what an experience.  That must have been awful.
I hope that someday soon there will be a medical break-through to help seizure
Though I am, and have been seizure-free for some time now, at one time I was
plagued with them.  The thing is, none of my doctors could tell me their exact
origin.  Finally, a neurologist told me that he felt they stemmed from the
meningitis which cause my loss of vision.  I had cerebral meningitis as a baby
and was in a coma for a couple of days.
In any case, my seizures would come upon me whenever I was overly stressed or
had too much tension in my life.  My doctors did place me on medication, but my
body reacted unfavorably to it and I subsequently had to learn to pay attention
to my body's needs by  pacing myself and not allowing too much stress to build
I don't want to bore anyone with  my entire seizure history, but I'll just
mention my most harrowing experience which happened when I had a seizure while
in a canoe.  I was lucky in that my canoe partner was the camp nurse and knew
what to do.