[bct] Re: Hello everyone

  • From: "Hope" <musicofhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 17:25:57 -0500

Actually, to answer your first question, my seizures are random, and there are
no symptoms or cues to let me know that one is about to happen.  This is
frustrating, and it is also scary.  One incident, in particular, comes to mind.
 I was in choir in high school all four years.  Each year, the choir and
orchestra would put on a concert for the general public to come and see  It was
always very cool for me, because the orchestra would accompany the choir
sometimes, instead of just your traditional piano accompaniment.  One of the
pieces I remember the most is the Hallelujah Chorus.  The choir stood on risers
on the stage and the orchestra was in the orchestra pit.  I, being a soprano,
was on the top most riser.  I loved standing there because it was always so
exhilarating to be that high up, and to know that my voice, along with everyone
else's would carry to all of those people listening.  Well, during the climax
of the piece, as the music and voices were crescendoing, I fell off of the back
of the riser and apparently fell into one of several  mics that had been set up
for recording purposes.  Needless to say, that concert, as well as that piece
have a particularly strong, if not painful memory for me.  The next thing I
knew, I was in the hospital with a concussion, and no longer singing,
"Hallelujah, ... and He shall reign for ever and ever ..."  I was singing, "
... There shall be pain for ever and ever ..."  Of course, it healed, and
luckily, nothing worse happened, but I do have a copy of the recording, up to
that point.  After that, the rest of the concert was called off.  I felt really
horrible about that, because we all had been working very hard all year to make
it happen.  Everyone understood though, but it didn't change things. My senior
year things went fine, although, taking no chances, my choir director insisted
I stand on the bottom riser, so that if I did fall back, I would fall into
someone else instead of down and crash into equipment and solid wood.