[bct] Re: Hello everyone

  • From: "Hope" <musicofhope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 13:37:32 -0500

Hi Jake.
I just wanted to let you know that I can completely understand your roommate's
dilemma and most likely extreme frustration.  Seizures as you know, can be
different, they can be as simple as just blacking out for a second and coming
back but having no memory of the incident, or they can be very violent, - and
these are the scariest, because there is a huge chance a person could be
injured - and the person jerks and their body goes through spasms and they're
not really able to truly be with the rest of the world for a few hours.  These,
unfortunately, are the kind of seizure I have, and hopefully your roommate's
don't escalate to this level.
If Depakote has not yet been tried, I would highly recommend that, as the side
effects are slim to none, and now they have what's called Depakote Extended
Release, which you take every 24 hours instead of twice or three times a day.
If you already know about this then disregard all of this.
Hope this helps, or at least gives some insight.  You can email me off list if
you wish if you have any other questions.  I'm no expert, of course, but I
definitely consider myself pretty advanced in this area as I have been having
seizures since the age of 5 and they've been everything from blacking out in
the very beginning, and then, as I grew older they became more and more
violent.  Your roommate's tiredness could be from the medication, as that is a
typical side effect for most meds for this kind of condition.