[bct] Hello!

  • From: "Eric StevenS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 04:16:59 -0400

Hi all.  This is Eric from Columbus, Ohio.  I just subscribed to the list
yesterday.  I am the one guilty of sending Larry the sound of the branch
slapping him in the face.  If it hadn't happened to me so many times, it
might not be as funny.  I actually have it as a sound cue in a program I use
frequently and it still gives me a smile every time I hear it.  I thank him
for being such a good sport about it and enjoying it, too.  It is
interesting that it seems my sighted friends I have played that for, with
some explanation, have not heard it as funny as the blind people who hear
it.  I guess it really is all a matter of perspective.  They probably don't
laugh as hard at my wearing my daughter's bright purple, flowery shirt to
the market, either.

I have enjoyed everything every one has added to Larry's podcasts and look
forward to the fun and information to be found on the list.  Thanks!

Eric SS