[bct] Re: Hawaii

  • From: "lance" <lance.kamaka@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 11:05:50 -1000

Aloha Mary,

I needed to respond to this one.  Well, since the time you visited Hawaii,
everything has become more commercialized.  Very unfortunate indeed.  Hawaii
you know, is a melting pot of all kinds of people from all different  ethnic
backgrounds, that it seems that the Hawaiians are almost lost in the mesh.
All the musical groups you mentioned here are legendary, and they've done
their best to keep the Hawaiian tradition alive, but more and more it seem,
that the music is losing it's true Hawaiian identity.  More and more, I hear
groups doing a watered watered down Jamican kind of music, which I think
should be left for Jamicans who do it very well.  Anyways, just thought I'd
respond to this message.  I hope one of these days, you'll come back to
visit, and who knows, maybe we could get together and do a podcast or
something.  Lance