[bct] Re: Happyy Newyear!

  • From: "Lynnette" <superlynne@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 15:38:06 -0500

That about sums it up, Lois!  <smile>

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lois Goodine" <al419@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "blindcooltech" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, January 01, 2006 2:44 PM
Subject: [bct] Happyy Newyear!

Twas the Month After Christmas 'Twas the month after Christmas, and all through the house Nothing fit me, not even a blouse. The cookies I'd nibbled, the eggnog I'd taste As the holiday parties had gone to my waist. When I got on the scales there arose such a number! When I walked to the store (less a walk than a lumber). I'd remember the marvelous meals I'd prepared; The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared. The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese And the way I'd never said, 'No thank you, please.' As I dressed myself, in my husband's old shirt And prepared once again to do battle with dirt--. I said to myself, only as I can 'You can't spend a winter disguised as a man.! So-away with the last of the sour cream dip, Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip. Every last bit of food that I like must be banished 'Till all the additional ounces have vanished.' I won't have a cookie - not even a lick. I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.. I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread pie, I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry. I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore-- But isn't that what January is for? Unable to giggle, no longer a riot Happy New Year to all and to all a good diet! Diet?? What Diet! Lois

-- No virus found in this outgoing message. Checked by AVG Free Edition. Version: 7.1.371 / Virus Database: 267.14.9/217 - Release Date: 12/30/2005