[bct] Re: Happy New Year to All

  • From: "Joni Colver" <joni.colver@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 19:44:56 -0600

Speaking of words, I learned a new word last week.  While looking for a
medical term I could not understand, I found in my electronic medical
dictionary the following entry:

Haplology:  The omission of syllables because of excessive speed of

I think doctors take courses in haplology after successfully completing
prescription writing 101 in which they learn to write illegibly in order to
delight pharmacists and patients alike.  So I now have a fancy word to call
these lousy dictators instead of the less socially acceptable things I have
been muttering.

My husband is from Pennsylvania and the tradition there is that eating pork
and sauerkraut will bring a person luck in the coming year.