[bct] Re: Hadley School

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:43:36 -0800

The poetry courses used to be good, although the books were written by people who couldn't teach, but who knew their meter and rhyme schemes. I was fortunate to have Richard Kinney as my instructor for a while, and then somebody named Susan, and then Win Downing. I took these courses while still a college student attending poetry workshops, so I guess I was a super student, going to class and doing it by correspondence at the same time.

You're right, "relevant" is a disgusting word used in that context of course descriptions. Let's hope the new Hadley administration improves things.