[bct] Hadley School

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 06:25:52 -0800

Hi list,

I took Hadley courses back in the early 1970s when they still had high school level math and science courses. I looked at some of the course offerings last year and discovered that many were rather "watered down" and had names like relevant math and relevant braille; none of the courses looked like they were full algebra or geometry or science courses. I was, in fact, looking for some good courses similar to the algebra I took in high school, but didn't find anything last year. I would hope that they are improving things a bit, so that courses have some meat in them and aren't so "dumbed down."