[bct] Re: HTML podcast

  • From: Jennifer Sutton <jensutton@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 14:18:36 -0500

Dear Neil and others who may be interested:

When I validate, I either use CSE HTML Validator from:

or I use the W3C's validator from:

As you no doubt know, Neil, the W3C's validator is a Web-based application, so it works fine with Window-Eyes, and I'm sure JFW, too.

CSE HTML Validator has some Window-Eyes set files available from:
http://www.turner42.com/software5.htm. Apparently, they have not been converted, if needed, to work with WE 5.5. See the heading called:

Note that I haven't used these set files. When I use CSE HTML Validator, I tend to link it to UltraEdit and make it generate a text file as its output.

One of the benefits of both of these validators is that they not only point out errors, but they also give feedback that enables you to learn why there is a problem and how to fix it.