[bct] Re: HTML podcast

  • From: "Lisa Hall" <lhall10@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2005 01:32:10 -0600

Hi everyone,

I like to give a few titles available from NLS that is obtained from
WebBraille if anyone wishes to learn more on HTML and to look at examples of
how the code is being written. This service is available to U.S. citizens
only who receives services from their respective state library. To download
the book, the user of WebBraille must have a username and password to obtain
it.

Contact your local cooperating library if you have never signed up for this
service before.

I have been using WebBraille since 1999 when it was launched.

For those who don't read Braille, I will try to search for resources
available in audio format and post that information when I have a chance to
search through the NLS voyager catalog in their database.

Here is a short listing available.

Title: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Creating Web Pages

Author: Todd Stauffer

Publisher: Que Publishing

Copyright date: 2002

Catalog number: BR 14719

Number of Braille volumes: 6

Braille pages: 1,248

Print pages: 537

Title: Computer and Web Resources for People with Disabilities: A Guide to
Exploring Today's Assistive Technology, 3rd edition

Author: The Alliance for Technology Access

Publisher: Hunter House Inc.

Copyright date: 1994, 1996, 2000

Catalog number: Br 13816

Number of Braille volumes: 4

Braille pages: 785

Print pages: 364

Title: HTML and XHTML, the Definitive Guide, Fourth Edition

Author: Chuck Musciano and Bill Kennedy

Publisher: O'Reilly and Associates, Inc.

Copyright date: 2000

Catalog number: Br 13934

Number of Braille volumes: 8

Number of Braille pages: 1,723

Number of print pages: 655

Title: Web Accessibility for People with Disabilities

Author: Michael G. Paciello

Publisher: CMP Books

Copyright date: 2000

Catalog number: Br 13355

Number of Braille volumes: 4

Braille pages: 820

Print pages: 392

I hope this may help anyone who is interested in improving their computer
skills by writing web pages for personal or professional use.

Lisa Hall,

Former Consultant for Adaptive Technology for Northwest Vista College, a
college of the Alamo Community College District.

Web page: http://home.satx.rr.com/lisahall

Phone: (210) 829-4571

E-mail and MSN I.D.: lhall10@xxxxxxxxxxx

  _____