[bct] Re: Ground rules for BCT list

  • From: "Rich De Steno" <ironrock@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:52:25 -0500

MessageNeal and All:

I agree with Neal's gently worded decision to implement some guidelines to keep
the volume and content of this list under control.  I have been with it from
the beginning, but as some others have said, it has just grown too large to
manage.  Some of the subjects have been beaten to a pulp and too many people
are sending response comments that have no substantive information or opinion,
such as a statement of agreement or a witty retort.  These are appropriate in
social situations or personal communications, but just serve wildly to inflate
the size of the list.  Thus, I also have been considering dropping out of the
list due to the shear volume of messages that do not have any substance or
particular interest to me, but I will stick with it a while longer hoping that
the list will now be more focused.  Thanks to Neal for taking on this challenge.

Rich