[bct] Got my Roomba, and Satellite Radio

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 15:09:14 -0500

Hi y'all,

First...thanks to a deal we couldn't pass up on the Home Shopping Network, we just got our Roomba Discovery 2.1. (Well. They offered Flexpay, five payments same as cash, so how could we say no?) $239.90 got us the Roomba with one virtual wall, the quick charger and drive- on base, and an extra filter. No remote or scheduler, but that update is available for it if we want it--we probably won't get it, since knowing us, we'd forget to pick up something and it'd go off on its scheduled rounds while we were away. We just got it last night and ran it. Twice. Actually, two and a half times, once on clean, once on max, and once just for fun on a partial clean cycle. After I made a mess by not getting the bin open properly (i.e. upside down), it was all good! This thing really picked up great! We have two cats and two dogs and a five-year-old, and we think that the Roomba is a great addition to our house so far. We named him Reggie...no...we feel the Roomba is definitely male. Can't explain why, but he is.

Now as for satellite radio. I just got XM...found a good deal on last year's model receiver. A killer deal, actually. So now I have both Sirius and XM, at least until May and when Melanie will likely make me choose. Anyone interested in a podcast that compares the two services?

--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV       | Work from home the Watkins way!
Email: buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx   | Your phone and computer can really pay!