[bct] Ghosts calling other peopleRE: Re: Speeding up the JAWS install

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2006 19:59:44 -0600

Yes, I did change the subject line of Rose's message.  She was talking
about her computer calling people at random.  It reminded me of
something I read a few years ago.  In Florida, they were trying to build
a lot of homes with speech input which could control things like the
thermostat, the microwave, the answering machine, etc.  One family had a
real problem with this in that there phone bill was much higher than it
should have been.  There were a lot of calls to Grand Ma that no one had
made.  They called the company and they came out and tried to figure out
what was happening, but they went back without solving the problem which
kept occurring.  Some time later, one of the family members was at home
and her dog wanted to go outside.  It barked twice, and just like that,
the phone dialed Grand Ma.  So folks, get a talking answering machine
and teach your dogs to dial the phone for you and you will be all set.
Well, perhaps not.

Neal