[bct] Re: Ghostcast?

  • From: Chris G <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 06:28:24 -0500

Hi, I know this isn't the ds2, but the plextalk ptr1 behaves in the same
if you want your file closed on the ptr1, press stop.  if you ant to
continue in the same file, press pause.
I just thought people would benefit from this.
also, if you use the plextalk ptr1's editing functions to delete errors,
they are not actually gone from the file. Somehow the ptr1 marks them as
bad and just ignores them.
I found that out the hard way.

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 21:25:51 -0800
"Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Rose,
> In addition to Jamie's excellent summary, you should know that every time
> you stop a recording and then press record again, a new file is created and
> the file you were previously recording is closed. So, to keep your career
> podcast in one file, use pause each time you want to stop, by pressing
> record to pause; then press record again to start recording again. You will
> know when it's pausing because it will beep a certain way, and it will beep
> another way when you start recording again. When you're all done talking,
> press stop and the file will close and save to the memory. And it will be
> ready for you to send up to the PC.
> Make sure you have the proprietary USB cable that came with the unit; the
> DS2 doesn't use a standard USB cable.
> Mary
> http://www.eset.com

Chris G <chrisg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
A stitch in time saves nine. -English Proverb.