[bct] Re: Getting the hang of mixing

  • From: "Jamie Pauls" <jamiepauls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jan 2006 13:35:46 -0600

When I did my Shades of Doom review, Studio Recorder said that the file was
already normalized to the specified value or something close to that, and
would not normalize the file. With my third podcast, Normalizing didn't seem
to bring the volume up that much. I played with several tests of short
audio, and even audio and music mixed together last night  and everything
seemed to come up in the mix when I normalized. I'm not sure what I was
doing wrong before. My method of mixing in Studio Recorder has been to save
the music to the clipboard and paste it in with the Mix command (letter X.)
I haven't tried using Winamp to play the music as I speak, thereby being
able to possibly control the volume of the music more precisely. I have one
sound card and no mixer.