[bct] Re: George Foreman Grill

  • From: Mike Busboom <lists@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 20:06:20 +0200

Hello Phil,

Great to hear that you own a George Foreman Grill. I own one, too, and I love it! I ordered the PortaBraille version of the two George Foreman books that NBP produced but I think I would have been better off, ordering the paperback copies. If you want to make the best of George's suggestions, you need to jump around to some extent in the books.

Cleaning the grill isn't really a problem. You just need to make sure that you use something non-abrasive, i.e. not the rough side of a sponge. Warm water and sishsoap always works fine for me. I never put the removable grilling plates in a dishwasher.

The only criticism of the European model of the grill is that it doesn't seem to get as hot as the digital readout displays. With the European version, it seems that you have to cook things somewhat longer than what is stated in the cookbooks. Nevertheless, I'd buy the brill in a heartbeat if I had it to do over again. Cooking with it is fun and easy.

Best regards,

At 03:31 PM 5/23/2006, you wrote:
Hi Folks,
We just got a George Foreman Grill with Bun Warmer from a friend and needed to find the instructions and cookbook in accessible format.
Searching Amazon for the manual got us one in pdf format for another model but its directions seemed to work out fine for ours.
I noticed that the National Braille Press has
George Foreman's Indoor Grilling Made Easy
in pocket braille and hard braille for $20 and we plan on ordering it.

I searched google on the cooking times for several items.
We tried burgers for 7 minutes and grilled cheese for 2, and they came out fine except for a little sticking to the grill plates.
Does any one else have one and do you have any suggestions on use and cleaning?