[bct] Re: George Foreman Grill

  • From: "Doug Strobel - kb3ham" <kb3ham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 11:31:08 -0400

i dont see any podcasts on it
----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Gassman" <lgsinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 28, 2006 11:07 AM
Subject: [bct] Re: George Foreman Grill

Karen and several others have already written about this grill.
I've had this grill now for over 3 years, maybe more. We've used it once or twice. I want to make this a project for the summer.
I've downloaded the manuals and done some Googling.
Are there any tips or tricks from a blind perspective that I should be aware of, or can this grill be used just by reading the literature and then giving it a try.
If you wish you can write me off list.
I'll also be checking out the various podcasts.

At 11:37 PM 5-27-2006, you wrote:
Yes. I've done a few podcasts on my own about a grill like that.
You can feel free to check them out if you think they might be of some
use. The information is at the end of this message.

Hope this helps
Edward Fernando Alonzo and Holly Gail Alonzo To People in love and
happily Married!
check out my pod cast at:
to subscribe to it put:
into your pod catching client

-----Original Message----- From: blindcooltech-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:blindcooltech-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Phil Vlasak Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 05:41 To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [bct] Re: George Foreman Grill

Hi Maria, I downloaded the two George Foreman cookbooks from National Braill Press

which worked out nice since we have used the grill three times so far.
The first time we didn't put anything on the grill like spray and the
burgers stuck a bit but the wet paper towel got it off.
The next time I placed a sheet of Reynolds Release aluminum foil with a
Teflon coating on the lower grill and formed the wrap around the grill
with my fingers.
I made sure the wrap would not interfere with the fat drains too. We
cooked two burgers for 6 minutes after the 5 minute warm up. They were
done perfect and I think the 7 to 8 minutes that George recommend
is for 4 burgers.

I also suggest using the foil if you want grilled cheese sandwiches for
easier clean up.
We did 2 sandwiches and it took 2 minutes.  They come out a little bumpy

with the grill marks on the bread but taste just like the kind you get
a restaurant.
Before cooking them I covered the top and bottom of the sandwiches with
temperature butter.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Maria R." <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Friday, May 26, 2006 11:41 PM Subject: [bct] Re: George Foreman Grill