[bct] Re: General list comments

  • From: Slythy_Tove <mcg907@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2006 08:43:48 -0800 (PST)

There is never a good time to quit smoking.  I quit over 20 years ago.  Jumped
off a 2 pack a day habit and wrestled with the addiction for about six weeks
before I finally walked away from it.  Started for a stupid reason (never start
in order to convince someone you love to quit smoking - you both end up

However, chronic smokers don't have to worry about quitting - they'll stop.
The lung disease, cancer or heart failure - or in the case of women - the
breast cancer - will help them stop smoking on a permanent basis.  Of course,
they'll be dead, but they won't be smoking any longer - unless they chose
cremation and then there will be one last blast of smoke.  Sounds harsh, but it
is the likely result of long-term smoking.

It was when I really understood the above message and realized that I wanted to
raise my daughter and see my grandkids that I quit smoking and nothing would
stand between me and that goal.  I have never looked back and it was one of the
best things I have ever done for myself.  Smoking is simply another way of
committing suicide - slowly.