[bct] Re: Fwd: Welcome To The New Blind Cool Tech Mailing List {01}

  • From: "Neal Ewers" <neal.ewers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 14:31:34 -0600

This is Neal.  I just wanted to thank Chetan for his offer.  I also
wanted to say that the current list will remain open.  I'll be here if
anyone wants to talk to me and to others who will also be here.

Neal, and if you have any doubts, look at the header or write to me off
line if you wish.

From: Chetan Bakhru <DrunkenMonkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 11:32:27 -0800
{01}
To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all,

My name is Chetan Bakhru, and I am the person hosting this mailing list
for the BCT community.  I am twenty years old, and I live in Orange
County in southern California.  I attend California State University,
Fullerton as a computer science major, and I am currently a junior.
Some of my interests include listening to music, talking on the phone,
anything to do with computers and technology, making new friends,
traveling, reading, writing, and swimming.  I wanted to welcome you all
to the new list and give you a few pieces of information that you might
find useful.  If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to
contact me at either DrunkenMonkey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (the postmaster address simply forwards any
mail you send there to my DrunkenMonkey account).  I also have a Gmail
address, bubblywubblyhindu@xxxxxxxxx, but since I'm running this list on
my server, I thought I'd make it easier for myself to moderate the list
by using my own mail system.  For those of you who haven't noticed, when
you send mail to the list address (blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx), you
will see a set of left and right braces in the subject line after the
message subject with a number inside of it.  I've got the list setup to
show the thread numbers for a particular topic so that people can tell
which message goes first, second, third, and so on for a particular
subject... just helps keep things organized.  I would like your feedback
on this; if you don't like it, let me know and I'll disable this so that
thread numbers are not shown.  For those of you who want digest mode,
send a message to mdaemon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the words "digest
blindcooltech" without the quotes in the message body.  If you want the
"no mail" mode, send a message to the same address, but put the words
"nomail blindcooltech" in the body of your message.  In the "no mail"
mode, you will not receive any list mail while still being subscribed to
the list (useful for situations where you'll be away for a while and
don't want to receive list traffic).  To turn your list mail back on,
use the words "mail blindcooltech" in the message body, and if you're
switching from digest mode to normal mode, use "normal blindcooltech".
Lastly, if you wish to unsubscribe from the list, send a blank e-mail to
blindcooltech-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  You will then receive a
confirmation e-mail which you will need to reply to in order to complete
the unsubscribe process.

Again, if you have any questions, I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,

Chetan Bakhru