[bct] Re: Fw: Success re Web Braille!!

  • From: "JULIE MELTON" <jewelsong21@xxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 May 2006 09:14:43 -0600

Rose,

Sorry things are going so badly this month. Just a reminder that they will get better. It's a bummer that you lost all those books, but it looks like you will be able to get them back when you can get your ID.

JulieMelton
visit me at
www.heart-and-music.com
Keep smiling!

From: "Rose Combs" <rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx>
To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [bct] Re: Fw: Success re Web Braille!!
Date: Thu, 18 May 2006 23:29:49 -0700

I did not get the message about passwords because about a week after I
joined Web Braille I changed my e-Mail address to be compatible with
DSL.

I have a sad story, sort of, the hard drive on my computer woke up
Sunday and decided it was very tired and did not want to play, it gave a
message that it had found errors it could not correct, and told me to
back it up.  I had Windows XP home, which does not provide any kind of
backup and the only software I could find to help with the problem is
not accessible with Jaws.  The drive died before I could back it up and
the over 800 volumes of Web Braille I had stored there are gone, along
with my hundreds of BookShare books.  I thought I had backups of my Word
documents, but if I do they cannot be found.  We have a new disk drive
but unless I can find someone to recover from the old one I lost about
eight years of files give or take a few.

May has not been kind to me, on May 2 my father passed on after a very
long illness.  I feel sort of like a fish swimming upstream lately.

I did celebrate my wedding anniversary yesterday, 31 years, had steak
for dinner is all.

Currently using my husband's laptop until we rebuild my computer and not
used to the keyboard at all.

I am off to keep swimming upstream!

Rose Combs
rosecombs@xxxxxxxxx