[bct] Re: Fw: Recording in digital.

  • From: "Eric StevenS" <sseric57@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 12:23:37 -0500

Jeff, fabulous!

Thank you!

You mentioned ripping your CDs at a higher level onto your hard drive.  What
do you use?  I understand the usual is 128, as you mentioned for XM and I
believe that is the default for a lot of rippers, but I've heard people say
they prefer 160 or even 192.  I don't know if it is the cheap in me that
imagines it or real, but it seems when I have tried 192 things sound a bit
too sharp and artificial.  I don't know if it is really possible for the ear
to discern such a difference.  I do not have super hearing or high-end
equipment.

Thanks again!

Eric SS