[bct] Re: Fw: NYI-l Cooktop with Voice Navigation, Sweet!

  • From: Kenneth Reed <kennethreed905@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 12:42:13 -0500

Hi brent, I can't sware that they use les power than a conventional burner, but the pot is indeed the only thing that gets hot.
The nice thing about them is that cleaning up the burner is very easy, because nothing can overflow and drip down into the stove.
Regards Ken

At 11:20 AM 2/20/2006, you wrote:

Oh, so these induction systems don't have the burner ever get hot, but just the pan? I would think the magnetic fields use a lot less electricity than the conventional heating.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kenneth Reed" <kennethreed905@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Friday, February 17, 2006

Cooktop with Voice Navigation, Sweet!

Popgadget has the skinny today on a Sanyo Electric cooking stove with
navigation and musical tones to alert you when burners have heated up to a
certain temperature.  What a great idea for VI (visually impaired) chefs
gimpy cooks like me who need to go have a lie down while waiting for that
water to boil.

Another great piece of Gimp Gear for the kitchen!

Via Popgadget

Sanyo Electric is to release in Japan the wildest appliance I've ever read
about: their new induction heat-type cooking stove features a "voice
navigation" function to make it easier to use.

The 200V Built-In IH Cooking Heater emits various musical tones when, for
example, cooking is completed or water is boiled. The music can be
downloaded from the internet via mobile phone and transmitted to the
cooking unit via infrared communications.

The device also offers oral instructions for novice cooks.

-- BlindNews mailing list

Archived at: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind/

Address message to list by sending mail to: BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Access your subscription info at:

If you are not a member of nyi-l and wish to join
send a blank e-mail to nyi-l-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post message: nyi-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe:      nyi-l-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shortcut URL to this page: