[bct] Re: Fw: NYI-l Cooktop with Voice Navigation, Sweet!

  • From: "M. Dimitt" <jamdim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:23:33 -0700

What a very interesting idea. Sounds like it might be very helpful!
----- Original Message ----- From: "Maria" <malyn87@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Friday, February 17, 2006

Cooktop with Voice Navigation, Sweet!

Popgadget has the skinny today on a Sanyo Electric cooking stove with
navigation and musical tones to alert you when burners have heated up to a
certain temperature. What a great idea for VI (visually impaired) chefs
gimpy cooks like me who need to go have a lie down while waiting for that
water to boil.

Another great piece of Gimp Gear for the kitchen!

Via Popgadget

Sanyo Electric is to release in Japan the wildest appliance I've ever read
about: their new induction heat-type cooking stove features a "voice
navigation" function to make it easier to use.

The 200V Built-In IH Cooking Heater emits various musical tones when, for
example, cooking is completed or water is boiled. The music can be
downloaded from the internet via mobile phone and transmitted to the
cooking unit via infrared communications.

The device also offers oral instructions for novice cooks.

-- BlindNews mailing list

Archived at: http://GeoffAndWen.com/blind/

Address message to list by sending mail to: BlindNews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Access your subscription info at:

To unsubscribe via e-mail: send a message to
BlindNews-Request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx with the word unsubscribe in either
the subject or body of the message

If you are not a member of nyi-l and wish to join
send a blank e-mail to nyi-l-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Post message: nyi-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subscribe:      nyi-l-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Shortcut URL to this page: