[bct] Re: Fw: Mr. Cylke's responce re: Web Braille

  • From: "Kelly Pierce" <kpierce2000@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 10:09:51 -0500

After learning background information from several highly trusted sources on this issue, the decision to immediately suspend the service seems unnecessary, impulsive and arbitrary. The decision seems
to have occurred without consultation from either the blindness or library
communities. It also seems not to be motivated from a particular incident
that compromised the lives of Americans or American interests. Most
significant was the process employed to deny library service to blind
Americans without a particular compelling need or emergency. Of concern to
me is that such a process may be employed in the future as new services, such as digital talking books, are
deployed in the upcoming years. In his response below, Cylke did not say what he meant by "soon" and offered no date or timetable as to when he would restore the service. It is clear that there is a lack of respect of blind people and their needs.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Larry Skutchan" <skular@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>