[bct] Re: Fw: Cell phones and T- Mobile

  • From: Buddy Brannan <buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 11:12:30 -0500

On Mar 7, 2006, at 10:46 AM, Jamie Pauls wrote:

T-Mobile and Capital Accessibility are working together to offer the Oasis
22c at a reduced price, so I would offer that they are making strides in the
area of accessibility.

While this is true, the reduced price is, as I understand it, only available to new subscriptions (i.e. not existing customers).

Another option is Mobilespeak from
http://www.independtech.com or

The bad news is that currently, T-Mobile doesn't appear to offer any Series 60 phones. The good news is that one can acquire such a phone from other sources; Letstalk.com for one; tigerdirect for another; and eBay for a third. Model numbers to look for are: Nokia 6600,6630, 6620, 6670, 6680, 6681, 6682, N70, N90, NGage, and NGage QD. Some of these phones are discontinued, and it's true that you won't get any of these as freebies.

One observation, though. I wouldn't say that the lack of an accessible phone constitutes discrimination. Discrimination is a term that's thrown around quite a lot and not necessarily accurately. Of course, that accessible phones are available and not offered isn't right, and I agree that accessible phones should be available, especially since the law says that something should be offered, or something. But that isn't discrimination.
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV | Work from home the Watkins way!
Email: buddy@xxxxxxxxxxxx | Your phone and computer can really pay!
888-75-BUDDY (888-752-8339) | More info at http://www.tastybiz.com
AIM/Skype/Yahoo: kb5elv | Check out the extensive selection of
MSN: kb5elv@xxxxxxxxxxx | Watkins' essential products:
http://buddy.brannan.name | http://www.tastyshop.net