[bct] Re: Fw: A Good Anti-Spyware Program

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 20:23:02 -0800

Jake and all,

I use Spybot too and really like it. In addition I use Ad-Aware. The two seem
to work ok together. I had to use Norton when I was working, but I couldn't
stand that thing. To filter out spam I use Cloudmark's SafetyBar which used to
be called SpamNet. You don't have to do much after installing it except clean
out the spam folder occasionally. It finds e-mail that's coming in that it
knows is spam, and tosses it in the spam folder. It hasn't made more than a few
mistakes in the year I've used it. A couple times a day I get something it
missed, but generally it's hassle free and just runs in the background. If you
want to go beyond install and let it run, you have to get into the menus which
are sort of quirky; blocking spam and unblocking mistakes is a little tricky
but I'm glad it's there. It's at www.cloudmark.com. It's not free though; you
have to subscribe to the service.