[bct] Re: Fw: [22c-news] Owasys 22C Now Only $199.95

  • From: "Jake Joehl" <jajoehl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 10:47:47 -0600

I'd like to weigh in on this phone accessibility thing if I may. I have been debating about exchanging the cell phone I have now for an accessible phone. My voicemail indicator keeps going off when I switch on my phone, but when I check my voicemail there's no message. I know this isn't a fluke with the phone because people have actually been able to leave me voice messages before. I am able to retrieve voicemail messages because my father showed me how when I first got this phone. Whenever I have my roommate or one of my neighbors look at the phone's display, they just see a bunch of random phone numbers as text messages. At least a couple of these are numbers which I recognize, and I keep trying to tell these people nicely to please stop sending me text messages since my phone doesn't talk. The odd thing, i suppose, is that the majority of these people are blind themselves. I think the drawback to getting a new phone, however, is that I've only had this one for a little over a year and I don't think my plan has expired yet. Can I change my cell phone number? I've never heard of anyone doing that while using the same cell phone. I must say though, that these accessibility options do look very promising. This is something which I'm discussing with my folks and a team of people who had been helping me to plan my future goals.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Jamie Pauls" <jamiepauls@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>