[bct] Re: From the moderator

  • From: "Ray Foret Jr." <rforetjr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 21 May 2006 17:15:04 -0500

MessageNow look, I'm not going to take sides in this; but, y'all, Neal is
absolutely correct.  I know what it is to be greatly dissolutioned with people;
both blind and sighted.  I know what it is to be deeply hurt by people I
thought were good friends.  I know what it is to be burned by people in whom
you deeply confide.  I know the terrible empty feeling you have deep in your
sould when the person whom you get to know causes you to believe that you are
their soul mate only to discover that they were just playing you for a fool!!!
I don't know who did what to this person; but, look, I think quite frankly,
that compassion is what is called for here; and, in equal frankness, it's a two
way thing.  If you want to get compassion, it's usually more effectively gotten
if you first give it.  I can tell you as a fact that e-mails can so easily lead
to terrible misunderstandings which can, in extreme cases, cause the loss of
good friendships.  Suppose we all just take a step back from the brink and look
at what's really happening here.  It's quite clear that the e-mails which
contained profanity were spoofs.  I must at once admit, however, that at the
first, I didn't suspect this.  However, upon second thought, it's just so out
of Rick's usual good character to say stuff like that that I'm going to have,
at least provisionally, to agree with Tiffany's assessment of the situation;
however, with the understanding that I too hope most sincerely that I am wrong
in this.  If Chris is truly hurt by what ever things have been said to or
against him on this list, surely, it does not help his cause to go about
spoofing other people's e-mails now does it?  Why, of course not.  I must add,
though, that I do understand that the utter desperation and terrible emptiness
which being dissolutioned with people can cause one to do some extremely stupid
things.  It can, and often does, leave one with a terrible empty feeling of
loneliness which can cause a person to want to act in ways they would not
normally think of.  Worse yet, when a person gets this way, they also get to
where they are even more empty and dissolutioned because they know in the
deepest part of their hearts that they either cannot or will not do those
things.  Chris, if you are still reading this, don't go down that road.  If you
don't pull back from the brink, it will be even worse for you.  Let us not
loose site of our purpose on this list; which, I believe, is to talk about
things related to the "Blind Cool Tech" podcast, and just to have fun with each
other.  Let me tell you my strategy for dealing with stuff I don't like.  If
someone on this list says something to which I ever took offense, I'd tell them
privately and not make a public seen out of it.

    Okay.  That's the first part.  Now, here's the second.  every one of us, at
one time or another, throws a pity party just because we're blind.  It happens
to the best and the worst of us.  I am not suggesting that this is what Chris
is up to; nor, you should understand, am I making excuses for him.  If,
however, there is something wrong, it needs to be dealt with in a mature
manner.  Throwing around messages like what I've been seeing of late is not a
helpful way to solve what ever the problem may be.

Sincerely yours,
The Constantly Barefooted,
Ray
Home phone and fax: