[bct] For Debee and all

  • From: "Nick G" <Nick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2005 16:44:52 -0400

I have some information for you.
The radioshack microphones are truly discontinued, sorry about that.  There are
however other microphones that you can get on a budget from an ebay store
called Microsound.  Look for the Y-mics.  I had mics based on those same
capsules, and can tell you they sound pretty good, certainly blow those that
Radioshack sold out of the water for the same price.  Also, if you want a
preamp like the archos one, the best bang for buck amp out there, and the one
that I personally sware by, is that of Church Audio.  I like this thing loads!
He also does some mics as well which are OK, not as good as the microsound
ones, regardless of the capsule specs.  If you do however want to get good
quality mics that are a bit more high end, you really can't go rong with the
Giant Squid Audio Lab mics.