[bct] Feedback on accessible recorders

  • From: "Graham Lewis" <Graham.Lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <editor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 15:15:35 +0100

             I heard your podcast on Blind Cool Tech asking for feedback on
what blind users need from digital devices such as audio recorders.

Accessible manuals comes to mind. Not only the format.  In fact this is perhaps
the least important as formats can be converted.  What I mean by accessible is
written with blind users in mind.  The simplest is step by step instructions to
get to all features.  Blind users tend to use inaccessible devices by rembering
keystrokes so we need key sequences and also escape routes when we get lost in
menu systems.

Graham Lewis
Centre for Academic Practice
University of Warwick