[bct] Re: Feed Burner

  • From: "Mary Emerson" <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2005 07:22:45 -0800

I can answer at least one of your podcast questions. If the podcast is an MP3
file, then you can definitely fast forward, repeat, rewind, listen again, and
so forth, using whatever audio player you normally use for MP3 files--winamp,
Microsoft, Real Player, and probably any others that play MP3 files.

As for where the podcasts go, you can specify, within iPodder, which folder you
want the podcasts to go when they are downloaded. I put mine in
c:\new\podcasts. Within the podcasts folder, each podcast has its own folder.
Quite often, I just go to the folders using Windows Explorer or My Computer,
choose the file I want to hear, and press enter on it; I prefer this rather
than using iPodder's default, which is, I think, to send the podcasts to some
folder in My Documents. I just find their default too cumbersome. Once I hear
the podcast, I can move the file to an archive, put it on CD, or delete it.
Since I deleted it outside of iPodder, iPodder still has it listed as
"downloaded" so occasionally I go into iPodder and delete the downloaded stuff
I've already heard.

This may not answer your questions too well, but just take it or toss it for
whatever it's worth.