[bct] Fast help needed -- Visual Queues

  • From: "Grant Hardy" <granthardy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "BlindCoolTech List" <blindcooltech@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 22:04:13 -0800

Hi All,

My band director wants me to play the drums in an upcoming musical. I'd love to take on the challenge, but have a rather large dilemma: how he can provide an auditory queue as to when I should begin playing. As you probably know, the conductor uses hand signals to show the rest of the band when to come in. Usually he gives me a verbal count-in (one, two, three, four...) but could not do so in the musical as it would be heard by the audience. If only there was some sort of device where the conductor could whisper into, tap...etc., and the message would be conveyed to me via an ear bud or other queue. Is there any way we can get around this, because otherwise I will not be able to be in the musical. Fast advice is appreciated as auditions are happening very very soon.